Essential oils are the distilled essences of plants. They have been used for centuries for many purposes including healing physical ailments and reducing stress. Research shows that essential oils have properties to help increase physical wellness. Interest in essential oils has revived in recent decades with the popularity of aromatherapy, a branch of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic compounds.
Calmness oil is one such oil which has a calming and relaxing effect on the mind and body. It is made with a combination of the right essential oils that help to relax the nervous system. Calmness oil is packed with the goodness of –
- Rosemary essential oil.
- Lemongrass essential oil.
- Cedarwood essential oil.
Rosemary essential oil is one of the most popular aromatic and medicinal plants. It boosts memory and increases the concentration of the brain. In aromatherapy, it is used as a mild pain reliever. It reduces pain-causing inflammation when applied to the affected area. Inhaling rosemary oil reduces stress and anxiety. It is believed to boost attention, alertness, energy and mood.
Lemongrass essential oil – In aromatherapy, lemongrass essential oil is used to reduce inflammation, relieve headaches, and ease indigestion. It is used to relieve muscle pain, cramps, spasm and reduce body aches. Internally it helps the digestive system. It also contains substances that help to ease fever. The calming and mild smell of lemongrass oil is known to relieve anxiety and irritability.
Cedarwood essential oil is reputed to soothe the nervous and respiratory systems. The sedative fragrance of Cedarwood is said to have a grounding, calming effect on the nervous system. It relaxes the body by reducing harmful stress, eases tension, clears the mind, and encourages the onset of quality sleep. In aromatherapy, cedarwood oil has sedative qualities making it beneficial for treating insomnia.
Calmness has a powerful combination of these three oils. They are often recommended for relief from headaches. Their calming and soothing effect has the power to relieve the pain, pressure, or tension that can cause headaches. It is proven to have a soothing effect on the mind as well as the body. It helps in-
- Relieving Stress & Anxiety.
- Inducing sleep.
- Relieving headaches and migraines.
How to use Calmness oil
- Use calmness oil with an oil diffuser in the bedroom.
- Pour 2-3 drops of calmness oil into your bath water while taking bath.
- Spray a Calmness oil spritz on your pillow every night to get a more relaxed sleep.
- Calmness roll-on applicator can be used directly on the temples, wrists or neck for instant relief from stress.
- Place two drops of Calmness oil either on the nightdress or directly on your comforter before bed.
How to use reduce stress and remain calm
- Exercise -Regular workouts help us in losing the extra weight. When we exercise, the body releases chemicals called Endorphins. They make us feel happy. Also exercising increases the circulation of blood in the body.
- Sleep-A peaceful 8-hour sleep does wonder for the body. Sleep helps the skin cells to repair and rejuvenate. It calms the mind and helps us face a new day with a positive attitude.
- Connect with nature- Go for a walk in the park or along the beach. Holidays also rejuvenate the mind and body.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Pursue a hobby. It will help to keep you happy.
- Body massages help ease the tension from mind and body alike.
- Use aromatherapy oils.