Sleepy Night Essential oil
Essential oils are the distilled essences of plants. They have been used for centuries for many purposes including healing physical ailments and reducing stress. Research shows that essential oils have properties to help increase physical wellness. Interest in essential oils has revived in recent decades with the popularity of aromatherapy, a branch of alternative medicine that uses essential oils and other aromatic compounds.
Sleepy Nights is one such sleep-inducing oil made with a combination of the right essential oils. Sleepy nights is packed with the goodness of –
- Lavender essential oil.
- Orange essential oil.
- Cedarwood essential oil.
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and versatile essential oils used in aromatherapy. Distilled from the plant Lavandula angustifolia, the oil promotes relaxation and believed to treat anxiety, fungal infections, allergies, depression, insomnia, eczema, nausea, and menstrual cramps.
Lavender has a soothing reputation as a natural aid to help you relax, unwind and let go of stress. Research has shown it helps to slow your heart rate, increase drowsiness, lower your blood pressure and promote calming.
Orange essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy as an anti-depressant. It has an excellent reputation to uplift the mood. Orange Essential Oil’s pleasant scent has a cheerful and uplifting yet simultaneously relaxing, calming effect that helps reduce pulse rate. It is known to increase blood flow and give relief in discomforts associated with inflammation, headaches, menstruation, arthritis, muscle contraction etc.
Cedarwood essential oil is reputed to soothe the nervous and respiratory systems. The sedative fragrance of Cedarwood is said to have a grounding, calming effect on the nervous system. It relaxes the body by reducing harmful stress, eases tension, clears the mind, and encourages the onset of quality sleep. In aromatherapy, cedarwood oil has sedative qualities making it beneficial for treating insomnia.
Sleepy nights has a powerful combination of these three oils. It is proven to have a soothing effect on the mind as well as the body. It helps in-
- Relieving Stress & Anxiety.
- Inducing sleep.
- Relieving pain.
How to use Sleepy nights oil
- Use Sleepy nights oil with an oil diffuser in the bedroom.
- Pour 2-3 drops of Sleepy nights oil into your bath water while taking bath before going to sleep.
- Spray a Sleepy nights oil spritz on your pillow every night to get a more relaxed sleep.
- Sleepy nights roll-on applicator can be used directly on the temples, wrists or neck before sleeping.
- Place two drops of Sleepy nights oil either on the nightdress or directly on your comforter before bed.
How to use reduce stress and sleep well
- Exercise -Regular workouts help us in losing the extra weight. When we exercise, the body releases chemicals called Endorphins. They make us feel happy. Also exercising increases the circulation of blood in the body. Thus, helping in getting a good night’s sleep.
- Include fruits and vegetables in the diet and restrict the fats. Happy stomach -happy sleep.
- Avoid caffeine in the evenings.
- Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up time.
- Use a comfortable mattress and pillow. Keep the temperature of the room comfortable- not too cold, nor too hot.
- Connect with nature- Go for a walk in the park or along the beach. Holidays also rejuvenate the mind and body.
- Meditate. It will calm the mind and reduce anxiety.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Body massages help ease the tension from mind and body alike.
- Use aromatherapy oils.