The Healing Earth Charcoal soap is a handmade soap enriched with the activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is the latest ‘detox’ trend. It’s typically made from carbon-containing material, like wood, that is heated at high temperatures to create charcoal, then oxidised – a process known as “activation”.Activated charcoal has lots of small holes on its surface, increasing its surface area and making it more porous. It’s this sponge-like property that allows activated charcoal to soak up a variety of chemicals.
Activated charcoal has been used in emergency medicine for the treatment of drug overdose or accidental poisoning for a long time. It binds with certain drugs or poisons, reducing their absorption in the gut and minimising the detrimental effects on the patient.
Activated charcoal is highly effective at drawing out various types of toxins such as bacteria, various types of chemicals, dirt, and similar type of particles. When used on the skin, individuals immediately notice a clear, flawless complexion free from excess oil, acne, and other common skin problems. This is why it is quickly becoming one of the newest trends in the beauty industry and beautification techniques for the skin.
BENEFITS OF CHARCOAL SOAP
In the recent years, skin care products made from activated charcoal have gained immense popularity all over the world. Some of the benefits of charcoal soaps are-
- Get rid of acne – Activated charcoal soaps absorbs the excess oil on the face that causes acne.
- Lightening dark underarms- Activated charcoal soap is an excellent exfoliant. Remarkable lightening of underarms is seen when used on underarms regularly.
- Balances oily skin- Charcoal soaps deep clean the pores on the face and the skin and balances the oil. This helps in the prevention of acne.
- Helps remove dandruff- Dandruff is caused by an oily scalp. Activated charcoal soaps and shampoos absorb the excess oil from the scalp that causes Dandruff.
- Get rid of scars- Activated charcoal soap gently exfoliates the top dead skin. Regular exfoliation helps in lightening of the scars.
- The exfoliating property of the charcoal soaps removes the top dead layer from the face as well as the body, giving a clearer, softer, clearer and glowing skin.