Wedding is an important event in every person’s life. It is a festive occasion that binds families and friends. Great care is taken to make the event unforgettable. Preparations start months in advance. Everything has to be perfect not only for the bride and bridegroom but for the relatives and friends also. Men and women alike want to look their best during the festivities. Clothes are chosen carefully to complement the looks. After all, everyone wants that one perfect photograph.
However, looking their best on the big day requires months of planning and preparation. There are a few lifestyle changes that can help us in getting the skin and hair we all dream of. Start them as early as 6 months to get the best results.
- Workout– Regular workouts are more beneficial for the human body than they are credited with. Workouts help us in losing the extra weight not only before the festivities but during them also. When you exercise, the body releases chemicals called Endorphins. They make us feel happy. Also exercising increases the circulation of blood in the body. This helps in getting a clear, fresh, glowing skin and luscious hair.
- Drink water – To get a glowing, acne-free skin, it is recommended to drink about 8-10 glasses of water every day. This helps in flushing out the toxins from the body. Water also helps in reducing the bloating of the cells of the body giving a leaner look.
- Restrict the Fats – Having a heavy fat-rich diet not only facilitates weight gain, it also makes the skin acne-prone. Though, some amount of fats is needed for good skin, nails and hair, It is advised to replace fried calorie-rich food with good fats found in foods like avocado, nuts and cheese.
- Incorporate fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals. While having the fruit empowers the body internally, the soft peels and pulp of almost all fruits can be directly rubbed on the skin to get fresh glowing skin. Fruit smoothies are a great way to incorporate fruits in our diets. Salads are a powerhouse of nutrients and should be made an intrinsic part of our diet.
- Regular skin care regime – Have a regular, daily beauty regimen of exfoliating, cleansing, toning, and moisturising the skin. Chose skincare products according to your skin type. A lot of products found in the kitchen like turmeric, curd, milk and ground masoor dal are an elixir for the skin and can be used in the skincare regimen.
- Regular oiling of the scalp – The scalp and hair should be gently massaged at least twice a week. These messages increase the blood circulation in the head, making the hair soft and healthy. The relaxing effect of the head massages is a bonus. Almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, mustard oil and oils with herbs are excellent options for head massages.
- Remember the whole body – The neck and chest are an extension of the face. They along with the shoulders and back need proper care as well. They also need proper washing, exfoliating, and moisturising. This will keep your exposed as well as covered skin looking and feeling soft and smooth. Body brushing improves blood circulation and removes dry, dead skin and unclogs pores. Regular body massages help in keeping the body soft and supple. Almond oil, Jojoba oil and sesame oil are ideal oils for the body.
- Beautiful hands and feet – Beautiful well-groomed hands and feet can enhance the looks during the wedding festivities. Get regular manicures and pedicures. Avoid washing hands with soaps that dry the skin. Moisturise the hands after washing them. Liberally apply petroleum jelly or almond oil on the hands and feet at night. Cover them with mittens or socks to get soft and supple hands and soles of the feet.
- Calm mind, peaceful sleep – The importance of a calm, happy mind for glowing skin cannot be stressed enough. A peaceful 8-hour sleep does wonder for the body. Sleep helps the skin cells to repair and rejuvenate.