The Dead Sea is a saltwater lake located between Jordan and Israel. It is not only the lowest spot on earth but also the saltiest and most mineral-laden body of water in the world. The Dead Sea is legendary as a source of healing and has become a popular centre for health, rehabilitation and beauty treatments. The silt of the lake is rich in magnesium, sodium and potassium and is used in a host of beauty products as well as treatment of health issues.
Benefits of Dead sea clay
The Dead sea clay is rich in a variety of minerals, salts and other materials known for their benefits. This powerful mixture of nutrients does miracles for the skin.
- Improves Skin Tone – The dead sea clay when applied on the face helps in removing the dead cells and gives a visibly improved and radiant skin tone.
- Shrinks pores and lines-The powerful nutrients in the Dead Sea clay mask helps to shrink and lessen the pores, diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face and helps to draw out the toxins from the pores. Thus helping in preventing and delay of age-related issues. It increases the elasticity of the skin.
- Younger look- As the pores on the face shrink, the skin starts looking younger and more radiant.
- Prevents Hair loss-The dead sea clay mask can be applied on the scalp to hydrate it. The mineral-rich Dead sea mask prevents hair loss. It also makes hair luxuriantly soft, shiny and beautiful.
- Arthritis- Applying Dead sea clay all over the body helps in arthritis and easing the body pains.
- Reducing Cellulite- Dead sea clay is rich in minerals like Magnesium, sodium and potassium which promote blood circulation and relax the muscles. When applied on areas with cellulite, it helps in reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Skin Disorders- Dead sea clay helps in the control of skin ailments like acne, psoriasis and eczema. Though it is not a remedy, it provides relief from symptoms.
Dead sea clay can be applied directly on the face and other parts of the body. For best results, once applied let it dry naturally. This will help the body absorb the nutrients.
Dead sea clay can be used by people with all skin types:
- Oily Skin- Use the mud as it is from the jar. The soft exfoliation by the dry mud will help remove extra oil from the skin.
- Dry skin- Add a little full cream milk or organic almond oil for better moisturising.
- Very Dry skin-Add a little organic Coconut oil for extra dry skin. This will help the skin in remaining soft and supple.