Hemp oil or hempseed oil is the nutty, flavorful oil that comes from the raw seeds of the hemp plant. It is a dietary supplement and beauty aid oil. Hemp seeds are rich in protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega 6, omega 3 and insoluble fibre. They are a good source of Vitamin E and antioxidants and are packed with minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, and phosphorus.Hemp oil can be used to increase immunity, counteract ageing skin and improve cardiovascular health. It is the only plant based source of Vitamin D.
BENEFITS OF HEMP OIL
- Hemp Oil Can Boost Your Immunity because of the presence of high Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Hemp Oil Regenerates and Energises the Skin.It is an excellent moisturiser and is useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin and nails and increases the skin elasticity.Pure hemp oil can be used to treat dry hair and is often included in hair conditioners.
- Massages with hemp oil products can improve blood circulation in the head and the brain.
- Hemp Oil is Great dietary supplement for Vegetarians as it has the optimal ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- It Can Help To Balance Hormones, Reduce PMS & Menopause Symptoms because it is rich in GLA (gamma linolenic acid) that helps in reducing muscle cramps and other symptoms.
- It is easily absorbed without being greasy. .
- Hemp seed nourishes dry skin without sticking to it. Thus it won’t clog pores which results in acne.
- Hemp seed oil is similar to our skin’s own natural lipids. Thus it is able to penetrate cells to deeply moisturise both the epidermis and subdermal layers.
- Hemp oil is very effective in natural pain relief, especially if the pain is a result of inflammation.
MORE ABOUT HEMP OIL
- Unrefined hemp oil does not have a very long shelf life and quickly goes rancid. It is stored in dark containers in a refrigerated environment.
- The oil is also not suitable for high temperature cooking, because it has a very low smoking point.
- It can be used in salads.
- It is considered one of the most useful natural supplements for the body due to its ability to provide essential fatty acids to humans that we would not be able to manufacture on our own.
- Hemp oil should be consumed in small amounts as excess dosage can have side effects like diarrhoea .