Every season brings its challenges with it.The summer season can be very harsh on the body and skin.Whether you’re a beach bum or just working indoors during the summer, you can’t be too careful protecting your skin. Sun damage can lead to premature wrinkles, dark marks, and even skin cancer over time. Overexposure of the body to the sun can do irreparable damage to the skin. However, a few simple precautions can be very helpful.
As you prepare to show more skin, get ready to face the sun’s rays with a few simple lifestyle change tips!
1. Exfoliate for Clearer, Smoother Skin– Exfoliation with a gentle, natural exfoliating product removes the dry and damaged outer layer of the skin. This brings out a clearer smoother skin while at the same time, helps the skin to internally heal faster.
2. Keep Skin Hydrated -Skin can be hydrated with intensive masques, perfect for use one to two times a week. Honey and mashed banana are a great natural hydrating masques. Yogurt and cucumber juice have a cool, soothing effect on the skin.
3. Drink More Water – More time outdoors leads to internal dehydration, which can result in headaches and dizzy spells.Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of plain, filtered water every day help maintain critical moisture balance of the body.
4. Sunscreen – It is extremely important to keep sun exposure to a minimum. Applying a good sunscreen is not an option but a total necessity.Remember to apply and reapply Sunscreen even if you are indoors or it is raining outside.It is recommended to use a sunscreen that is at least SPF 30.
5. Avoid Exposure to Sun– Applying sunscreen is not enough for skin protection. As far as possible avoid going out in the sun during 10 am to 4 pm. Wear a wide brimmed hat to avoid direct exposure. Always protect the eyes by wearing sunglasses. It is important to take a shower after a swim in the pool or the beach.
6. Eat Right – Pass on pizza, baked goods, chocolate, fried food and other calorie rich foods. Substitute them with fiber-rich foods like fruit, veggies and raw nuts.